CARLSBAD, Calif. (Sept 5, 2021) – Playing TaylorMade's SIM2 driver and TP5 golf ball, Nicolai Højgaard entered the winner's circle for the first time with a one shot victory at the DS Automobile Italian Open, after receiving a late entry on Monday.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Højgaard chooses to play the SIM2 10.5 driver equipped with a Tensei AV White 65 X shaft and averaged over 300 yards off the tee.
- Højgaard sticks with the SIM2 family and plays the popular SIM2 Max 15.0 fairway equipped with a Tensei 1K 85X shaft. Paired with a SIM2 Max 21.0 fairway to round off his metalwoods.
- Højgaard plays a full set of P7TW irons from 4-PW, all equipped with PXLZ 6.5 shafts.
- Højgaard plays the Hi-Toe 2 wedges in 50°, 56° and 60° equipped with DG S400 shafts.
- Højgaard’s ball of choice is the 2021 TP5.
- This is back-to-back wins for the Højgaard twins, with Rasmus winning at last week's Omega European Masters.
As a team, today's win is a huge one! Not just for the fact it’s brothers and identical twins winning back-to-back, but for Nicolai announcing himself to the golfing world in the fashion he has done this week is just incredible and something we all felt would come. With the success Rasmus had early in his career, it had added pressure to Nicolai. The team has been working with him closely to achieve his known potential, but these wins are a great testament to that work and validation of our product performing yet again with two of the brightest talents in world golf.
Nicolai Højgaard’s winning bag for the DS Automobile Italian Open:
- SIM2 10.5° Tensei White AV 65x
- SIM2 Fairway 15.0° Tensei 1K 85X
- SIM2 Fairway 21.0° Tensei 1K 85X
- P7TW 4-PW PXLZ 6.5
- MG Hi-Toe 2 50°, 56°, 60° DG S400
- TP5 2021