- Team TaylorMade's Dustin Johnson wins the Travelers Championship keeping his streak of winning every season on the PGA TOUR since turning professional in 2008.
Carlsbad, Calif. (June 28, 2020) - In just the third event back since the PGA TOUR re-start, TaylorMade's Dustin Johnson added two SIM Max rescues and a Truss TB1 putter to his bag at TPC River Highlands to claim a one-shot victory in the Travelers Championship. His first win in 2020, Dustin Johnson now has 21 wins on the PGA TOUR and ties Tiger Woods with the most number of PGA TOUR wins since 2008 (the year DJ turned pro).
Dustin made some key changes to his bag this week adding a brand new putter, Truss TB1 and two SIM Max rescues. DJ has switched between blade and mallet style putters during his career, loving the look and feel of a blade, but the stability and roll with mallets. With Truss, he has the stability through the truss structure on the hosel and the roll from the PureRoll™ insert. Here are the specs of his Truss TB1:
- Loft: 3°
- Lie: 70°
- Length: 35.75"
- Swing Weight: E0
- Grip: SuperStroke Pistol GT
Using a SIM driver, SIM Max fairway, two SIM Max rescues and a TP5 golf ball, DJ carded rounds of 69-64-61-67 to win by 1 shot at -19.
NEED TO KNOW
- DJ maintains his streak of having won in each of the last 13 seasons on PGA TOUR since turning pro
- Maiden victory on the PGA TOUR for SIM driver and Truss putter
- This was the first week DJ had used Truss TB1
- DJ gained +1.498 strokes in Putting this week at Travelers Championship
- Dustin jumps to number 3 in the OWGR
- DJ now ties Tiger Woods for the most number of PGA TOUR wins (21) since 2008
DUSTIN JOHNSON WITB
- SIM 10.5° driver
- SIM Max 15.0° fairway
- SIM Max 19.0° rescue
- SIM Max 22.0 rescue
- P730 4-PW irons
- MG 52° and 60° wedges
- Truss TB1 putter
- TP5X ball #1