BASINGSTOKE, Hants.(Sept. 18, 2022) – Team TaylorMade’s Robert MacIntyre has claimed the second win of his career at the DS Automobiles Italian Open with rounds of 70-69-67-64, following a playoff.
MacIntyre worked closely with his coach and the team TaylorMade tour representaives to dial in his driver ready for this week at the Marco Simone Golf and Country Club, and after looking at his performance they decided on a Stealth Plus 9.0 set 1 notch lower. Following a little testing on course MacIntyre felt this was his best set up for the week. This proved pivotal in the play off hitting Driver and Hybrid to the back of the green and holing out for birdie to claim the title.
“I have worked closely with Bob for a number of years and not only does he have an unbelievable work ethic, but also a fantastic ability to bounce back no matter the hurdle put in front of him”
Robert MacIntyre Hi-Toe 2
Need to Know
- Six under front nine on the final day (29), finishing in a tournament low 64
- New Driver set up this week, Stealth Plus 9.0 1 notch lower on the FCT
- 302-yard average driving distance
- New Stealth 19.0 hybrid in the bag this week replacing MacIntyre’s normal 5 wood.
- Moves up to 15th in the DP World Tour rankings (up 58 places)
ROBERT MACINTYRE WITB
- Stealth Plus 9.0 Carbonwood driver
- Stealth Plus 15.0 fairway
- Stealth 19.0 rescue
- P·7MC 4-PW
- Hi-Toe 2 52, 60